Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day









I just celebrated my second mother's day and what a blessing! We have had a great few days with family, visiting all the great -grandmothers to help plant flowers for them, an unsuccessful attempt at a picnic with my mom -that ended in a great "indoor" picnic, and a lovely brunch with brian's mom. It has been a crazy few days! We did have some down time on sunday afternoon, we watched the movie Cars with Connor - who sat for a full hour and 45 minutes on the couch next to me and hung on every word - I could not believe it but the movie held his undivided attention. He even got into the action - He would look at me and say "oh no, oh no!" anytime anything bad happened -too cute! Brian and I usually put Connor to bed as a joint effort because it is such a precious time - being mother's day I had the privelage to myself, rocking him and singing he looked up at me and kissed me - I had tears pouring as I walked downstairs -it is amazing how much you love these little people! I hope you all had a blessed mother's day!

1 comment:

Emerson and Brooks said...

Now I am tearing up reading about your bedtime with Connor- how sweet is that. I love it! Hope you are feeling well.