Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Greenbriar





Last weekend Brian and I took our first trip away from Connor and went to the Greenbriar in West Virginia. We had a great time- it is a beautiful resort with wonderful rooms, fantastic food and tons to do. Brian enjoyed golf one morning while I took a cooking class, we spent the afternoon playing tennis and enjoying the beautiful infinity pool -those are so cool - and even enjoyed bowling! The Greenbriar is also home to Project Greek isle -for thirty years housed a secret bunker intended for congress to escape too in the event of a nuclear threat - it is no longer actively used and so we were able to tour it - crazy that for 30 years people vacationed on top of a secret government bunker and never knew it! We had a great time, and survived the first trip away from little man -who enjoyed a weekend of being spoiled at CC and Popa C's

2 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

I love the pictures and your Athens dress!!! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Dear Mom and Dad,
I don't think its very cool to go on a trip without me. Next time please consult me when you are taking a trip. I am, after all, the life of the party.
Love Big Daddy C aka Connor Bear